Friday, August 14, 2015

Visit With a Sweet Friend

Earlier this summer, I had a chance to drive up from Calgary to Rocky Mountain House to visit a dear friend of mine. We figure that we have know each other for 45 - 50 years.  Now that's a long time!!

We just seem to pick up where we left off each time we have the chance to get together which isn't often enough.





 While I was there we took a drive out to Twin Lakes and went for a short walk. It's such a beautiful spot to take in the scenery and motor boats are not allowed on the lake so it was nice and quiet.

I could just sit all day and drink in this view.





I liked the way the lily pad picture turned out. I think it looks almost like a Monet painting. Would make an interesting quilted wall hanging.


It truly was a beautiful day out in the woods, enjoying nature with a dear friend. 

I wish all summer days could be like this.
 

We have had spectacular sunsets and yesterday the sun was a bright red. Probably due to the may forest fires we have going on in Alberta and BC right now. 



Hope you are enjoying your summer.

Shauna