Saturday, August 8, 2015

A Bright Spot in the Week

Why is that the short weeks at work always seem really long? 

I can't say it has been a hard week, just lots to do at work and we are at a time right now where we are checking students to see if they have met their conditions. Sadly some haven't and it's always hard to have to send the letter to let them know that they can't attend the program that they were intending to for the Fall. Much nicer to send out offer letters than rejection letters.

We have had wicked weather this week too! Hail, heavy rain and flooding in some areas of the city. My garden in the front of my house isn't looking as good as it was at the beginning of the week. Oh well, we are at the mercy of the heavens. This is what I came home to Wednesday after work.


That being said, I have been working away on my Dresden Plates. Probably not as diligently as I could but none the less, working away at them. Definitely a bright spot in the week.

I have this lovely stack of 12 Dresden's just waiting to be sewn up.


I managed to get 2 pinned together.


And finally sewn onto the background.


I have been thinking about doing a hexagon shape for the center rather than the normal circle. I've seen one at V and Co's blog about finishing a Dresden. Gives it a unique and nice finish.

One night this week I had to dash out to the drug store. Right beside the drug store is a florist. They had a bucket with the most gorgeous roses outside the door that said 'Free Today'. So was tempted to take all but I resisted and just took one and it has graced my table for the past few days.




Isn't she lovely?

Time to get this day started. I'm off to a birthday party for my 16 year old niece. Oh to be that young again!

Have a beautiful weekend!