Saturday, September 6, 2014

Crazy, Beautiful, Love Filled Summer

I see again that it has been for-ev-er since I have posted!
How does that happen?!
 
This has been the most wonderful summer for a long time.



It started in June with a lovely visit with my son in Victoria.




I had time to get away on holidays in early July with my parents.





Was wonderful to reunite with family in July and again in August for a wedding.





My sister and I went to see Michael W Smith in concert.  So fun!!




I spent time with my lovely daughter throughout the summer.




I helped as she got ready to head off to do her Masters in Toronto at Ryerson.

Watched beautiful summer sunsets. 





That meant little time for sewing but that's okay.
I did, however, manage a day away with friends and a couple of days at a friends house to quilt.
So still working away on the same quilt. 
Perhaps next week I can say I have finished this quilt top.
 


Different seasons in life.  

Life would be too boring if we did the same thing over and over.

There were some very hard and sad moments this summer but all in all, I wouldn't trade it.
At the end of it all there is always a rainbow of hope.




Hope your summer was good.  
I'm looking forward to fall and some time for quilting.

 
Shauna