Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My Friends are Talented!

This past weekend I had a chance to go down to a quilting retreat 
just south of Cardston with some really talented ladies.

What a nice set up the Mountain View Lodge has with lots of room to spread out.

 
 I was able to get a lot done on projects that were already in the works.

Worked on Graham's quilt (my son).
Just a couple more rows, a border or two and quilted and it can be his.


I also worked on this insanely small block quilt but  . . .

I love it!!



 Not too much more to go on it.


 And for my third project that I made some head way on is my double wedding ring quilt.

One row put together - only 5 more to go!


A picture to keep it straight in my head how to sew the curves together.


 And here's what some of the very talented ladies at the retreat were showing off.






 It's always so much fun to see what everyone else is working on 
and to catch up what has been happening in everyone's lives over the past year 
or half year if you are lucky enough to go twice a year to this retreat.


This retreat would not be complete without the snow coming down outside 
and making it a winter wonderland.  
Thankfully it didn't stick around and the roads were fine to drive back on.



Unfortunately we didn't get to see Big Chief Mountain this year.
This picture was pulled from last year's retreat.


Have a good week!!

Shauna