Saturday, February 22, 2014

This 'n That

This week I finished off putting on the borders on my Tessellating Crosses quit.

Not sure I'm enamored with it.  

I had a tough time finding a red that I liked for my first border 
so bought a chocolate brown, then the off white 
and finally the coral red for the large border.

It works well, just not what I had envisioned.

Having said that I totally enjoyed doing this pattern and would do it again!

Looks nice with my red kitchen wall.

My daughter was putting in an order with Amazon and asked if I wanted anything.
I had taken this book out of the library and said that at some point I would like to purchase it.

It came yesterday and I am looking forward to exploring and playing.

I was off work on Wednesday because I had an appointment 
with the dentist to take out one a wisdom tooth 
that she deemed 'should come out.'
In and out in half hour with just freezing.  

So glad that's over!!

The next morning I got up to get ready for work and was greeted with this lovely sunrise.

What spectacular colours that were on display.

Stay warm this weekend!!



  1. Your quilt looks great, love the colours and the sunset is beautiful
    Cheers Pauline

  2. Great sunrise photo! And I like your choice of borders for your beautiful quilt!

  3. I think your quilt is lovely. Put it away and look at it again in a month. Perhaps you'll then love it!
    Incredible colors in the sunrise. Beautiful. Inspire another quilt? Hugs, Wendy

  4. Ditto Wendy! I think it's a fabby quilt, Shauna - love your colour choices - I think they bounce well off each other :)
    Thank you for reminding me - I have Angela's book and I will dig it our for some ideas for my soldier's quilt.

  5. This is beautiful!!! I love the way the borders frame it... can't wait to see it quilted:-)