Friday, December 27, 2013

Last Projects of 2013

I finished two little projects just before Christmas but
couldn't blog about them because they were for gifts. 

One was for my mom.  
I knew she was getting an I Pad Mini for Christmas 
and wanted to make her a pouch for it.
 


I used a tutorial online from Just Lola.
She was most helpful with all of my questions.


Here's a look at the back.  
It has a little pocket for the cord and / or Stylus.

I had been saving this fabric for something special for my mom as I know she likes blue.

The second project was two rice bags. 
They can be heated in the microwave to put on aches and pains.
Both of them were made with identical material.


 

Again, a really quick easy project for a last minute gift.
I again used a tutorial online.
This time from Sew Mama Sew.




It has a removable bag so that it can be washed.
These bags are so nice to have.

Christmas was spent at my mom and dad's place.
My two sisters and their families were there so we had a house full.
I pretended that I was a kid again and stayed over two nights.

Just playing around and took a Christmas selfie.




Neither of my kids were home for the holidays 
but I had a chance to talk to each of them.
That will suffice until we see each other face to face.

My daughter who has been in London 
for close to 2 years is moving back home to Canada.  
I'll be picking her up at the airport on Monday.  

So Very Excited!! 

I hope you all had a great holiday season enjoying the company of those close to you.
I'm looking forward to 2014 and all that it has in store for me.

Shauna