Monday, December 30, 2013

A Year in Review

I was quite surprised by what I actually accomplished last year.
Sometimes it doesn't seem like much is happening,
so was very happy when I started looking and pulling this post together.
It also highlights how many projects 
need to get finished too! 

Here is my pictorial year in review.

How fun were these cute bags.


Pillow cases - I think 16 in all.  Phew!!
All so different, interesting and also fun.


Different pillows completed in all shapes and sizes.
I tried my hand at some firsts like
printing on fabric and paper piecing.


Cute little projects.
Great tutorials out there to help me achieve my finishes.


I have lots of unfinished projects . . . .
For 2014 I will try to complete them.



Some of these I haven't even blogged about like the Coffee hanging.
This is appliqued and not my favourite method of quilting.
The stars started by me but completed by someone else
- they were a project we did at the retreat last year for the hospital.


But here are my bigger finishes . . .

A couple of baby quilts.


A queen size, double and single quit.

All bring back memories -

some happy, like a wedding gift or a quilt for a friend
and some not so happy,
like a quilt made for an Aunt who is dying of cancer


With every stitch that is made, I reflect, pray and have gratitude
for the ones I make my creations for and for myself.
I am learning to not worry where I am in life or my circumstances.
Things change in a heartbeat, for good or bad
but that which is in your heart is what will
carry you through all the ups and downs of life.

Wishing you all the best for 2014!!