Saturday, June 2, 2012

Heritage Park Finish

Last weekend, my friend Reta and I found ourselves at Heritage Park for the annual Quilt Fest for the Calgary region.  Reta doesn't quilt but she sure enjoys looking at the quilts as much as I do.  What fun to see all of the new fabric, goodies not to mention the finished quilts that are display.  They even display some of them in the turn of the century houses which is really neat.

Can you believe that I forgot to take my camera along?!  Not sure what I was thinking when I left the house in the morning.  Oh well, there's always next year.  My niece, Alyssa (the one who put a quilt together with me one weekend) went and took lots of great pictures!

I think that a highlight for me is to look at the quilts that hang from the Wainwright building . . . it's great to look at those ones from a distance and choose one that we think has the greatest impact.  Some years Reta and I choose the same one and other years not.

Here's a picture of the quilts hanging from the Wainwright building from a couple of years ago.


I bought way too much as usual but I always justify that it's close to my birthday and I'm buying something for myself.

The only drawback to the day was that the wind was very chilly.  Didn't stop us from spending the whole day there though.

I bought myself a table runner kit from Country Creations in Strathmore.  Lorraine runs the quilting retreat that I go to each year in January and has a great selection of fabrics, kits and notions in her store.  If you ever have a chance to get to her store, you will not be disappointed.

Here are a couple of pictures of the finished table runner.





Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

Shauna